Responsive WordPress Blog Theme
Thank you for purchasing our WordPress Theme. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this
documentation, please feel free to email us via our contact form on our profile page
http://themeforest.net/user/awaiken or via email email@example.com
This theme is designed for use with WordPress v4.8 or higher. If you are not using WordPress 4.8 or higher and can upgrade your site we recommend you do this before installation.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the theme is bug free and easy to use there is always a chance errors may occur. If you do find a problem please notify us immediately through the ThemeForest account page
WordPress v4.8 or higher
PHP 5.3.2 or higher and MySQL 5 or higher
Memory limit (memory_limit) should be atleast 128MB
Maxium File Upload size (upload_max_filesize) should be atleast 32MB
Extract the zipped package downloaded from ThemeForest to your computer. In the extracted package you will find qualta.zip which is the WordPress theme file.
Installing the theme can be done two ways. You can upload the theme ZIP file using the built in WordPress theme upload, or copy the files through an FTP client.
1) Using WordPress Theme Upload
- Login to your WordPress admin.
- In the "Appearance > Themes" menu click the tab "Install Themes"
- At the top of the page click, "Upload", then click the file input to select a file.
- Select the zipped theme file, "qualta.zip", and click "Install Now"
- After installation you will receive a success message confirming your new install.
- Click the link "Activate"
2) Uploading by FTP
- Login to your FTP server and navigate to your WordPress themes directory. Normally this would be "wp-content/themes"
- Extract the files from the zipped theme.
- Copy the folder "qualta" to your themes directory.
- After the files finish uploading, login to your WordPress admin.
- In the "Appearance" menu click "Themes"
- Click "Activate" for the theme "qualta"
After installing theme, you need to install required plugins. You will see a notice for install required plugins.
- Click on "Begin installing plugins". Or go "Appearance > Install Plugins".
- You will see list of plugin need to be installed. Now, check all plugins & select bulk options "install" and click "Apply".
- All plugin will be installed. Now, Click on "Return to Required Plugins Installer".
- We need to active plugins. Now, check all plugins & select bulk options "Active" and click "Apply".
- Click on "Return to the Dashboard" .
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your site is running than you no need to import demo content. You have to Regenerate Thumbnails and for that install Regenerate Thumbnails plugin and go to admin > Tools > Regen. Thumbnails > Click button "Regenerate Thumbnails For All Attachments" and wait for it until it's done 100%
- Go to the admin area "Appearance > Import Demo Data".
- Now, Click on "Import Demo Data" button.
Qualta comes with 6 different post formats: Standard, Gallery, Link, Quote, Video and Audio. When you write a new post, you need to choose what format your post is and insert the necersary info.
We provide you 5 different layouts for Post listing.
For Home Page, you can control settings in "Appearance > Customize > Home Page Options"
For Archive Page, you can control settings in "Appearance > Customize > Blog Archive Page Options"
For Single Post, you can control settings in "Appearance > Customize > Blog Single Page Options"
Note: In order to get the best result, you should choose featured images for your posts with minimum width is 1366px and minimum height is 600px.
To setup your MailChimp, do the following steps:
1) Install the "MailChimp for WordPress" plugin and "Activate" it.
3) go to "MailChimp for WordPress > Forms" and copy the following code into the white box.
<p>Subscribe Newsletter for new blog posts, tips etc. Let's stay updated with us.</p>
<p><input type="text" name="NAME" placeholder="Your name" required /></p>
<p><input type="email" name="EMAIL" placeholder="Your email" required /></p>
<p><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" /></p>
4) Go to "Appearance > Widgets" then drag & drop "MailChimp Sign-Up Form" widget to sidebar.
Child theme are considered the best way to customize your WordPress themes. A child theme inherits all the features and appearance of its parent theme. You can customize it without affecting the parent theme. This allows you to easily update parent theme without worrying about losing your changes.
Always use a child theme if you are modifying core code .